Saturday, March 6, 2010

Oh Tiger, My Tiger


***WARNING***
The intention of this letter is NOT to focus judgment on the sins of Tiger Woods, or any other celebrity for that matter. I want to pose a question:

Since when does Tiger Woods, or any sports figure or celebrity owe you and I an apology?

Sure, adultery is wrong, and should always be labeled wrong in society – always has. However, when did society decide that celebrities need to publically punctuate apologies for their uncouth behavior? I don’t feel I am owed an apology. I didn’t all-of-a-sudden start having crappy days ever since the last chapter of Tiger-infidelity came out. I certainly don’t think my 83 year old Grandpa is losing sleep over it. I don’t think Tiger directly wronged the guy down the street who just bagged my groceries; yet I guess according to the Lame stream media, I could be wrong. That guy down at the grocer could be so hurt, so offended, so utterly heart broken and miserable over what Tiger did that he desperately needs an apology.
Ya… Ya, right.

Actually, I do not so much believe that society demands apologies from celebrities as the Lame stream media does.
In my opinion, I see the root of the issue being how the media treats us – how it tells us what to believe. It forces a deception in our faces and in our living rooms that whatever they flash across the screen is what you and I need to be concerning ourselves with. In reality, I believe Americans are (or should be) more concerned with the rock-solid concepts of life such as faith, family, home, kids, and career, rather than the sand of celebrity drama and who happens to be going into “sex-addiction rehab” this week.

I don’t give a crap about Tiger Woods apologizing to us. Furthermore, and I know some will disagree with me here, I feel true role models are parents. Parents and teachers to a lesser degree, but definitely parents. Of course Tiger is a household name and should not have been living his life like an out of control frat boy, but who are we to pass judgment! Moreover, it is the parents at home who should be teaching the kids that his behavior was wrong. I also want to point out how the media usually viciously condemns the individual rather than the behavior. We are all sinners. None of us are perfect and therefore none of us have room to cast stones at anyone; however, the Lame stream media has honed its stone-throwing practices to a virtual art form. If you are not a staunch democrat or publically liberal and you so much as breath in the wrong direction, they will pounce on you like a frenzied cat, eviscerating every ounce of character you thought you had. Contrastingly, if you are a democrat or flaming liberal – then your crude behavior is generally promptly forgiven, and in many cases praised. Hell, sometimes you are even exalted as one of Americas finest. Just look at David Letterman and Bill Clinton – both men adulterers with women half their age – both men forgiven by the media and looked up to. Hey, but it’s ok, they're liberal democrats – hip, smart and funny! Role models for youth!



Pure unbridled hypocrisy at its finest! **finger in mouth gesture followed by puking sounds…***
Just another mind-numbing example of the double standard, two faced, hypocrisy that is perpetually flowing from the left.
Anyway, Tiger, God will forgive you, just repent and seek Him. The media however will not, so I am sorry you had to pointlessly apologize to millions of people whom you did absolutely nothing to.
Now, get back on the links so I can have something to take a nap to on Sunday afternoons…

No comments:

Post a Comment